Version 2.2 (Released on November 13, 2014)
- Fixed crash of the warning dialog of the attach process.
- Show window for window controllers.
- Graceful disconnect of Bonjour service.
- Added warning if the application is already started.
Version 2.1 (Released on November 12, 2014)
- Fixed crash because of an invalid display scale.
- Fixed crash because of a NSStackView with more than 26 subviews.
- Fixed crash in instance inspector.
- Hide overlays after disconnect.
- Fixed problem with the paragraph style inspector for attributed strings.
- Fixed jumpy inspector width.
- Dropped support for 10.8, because of Auto Layout problems.
Version 2.0 (Released on September 21, 2014)
- Support for Retina Displays.
- Support of MacOSX Yosemite.
- New UI to increate space for the Jumpbar.
- New inspectors like for example for NSStackView, NSViewController, NSDrawer etc.
- Basic support for SceneKit.
- Improved stability.
- Early recognition of Sandbox limitations.
Version 1.11 (Released on January 12, 2014)
- Added option to show all applications in the attach dialog, even if they have probably no user interface.
- Fixed problem with unserializable objects (again).
- Ensure that the inspector shows non-integer coordinates (and other values) correctly.
Version 1.10 (Released on Dezember 31, 2013)
- Added option to zoom in and out into the component image.
- Show first and second item in the NSLayoutConstraint inspector.
- Added support for attaching to 32Bit applications.
- Highlight first responder and key/main window in the outline.
- More properties of CALayer in the inspector.
- Fixed problem of the content borders in the NSWindow inspector.
- Fixed a lot of small connection issues.
Version 1.9.1 (Released on November 7, 2013) BETA!
- Fixed crash if the application launches by the service call.
- Fixes layout issues for Mountain Lion.
Version 1.9 (Released on November 6, 2013) BETA!
- The application is now sandboxed and use privileged helper tools to inject the remote framework into running applications.
- Fresh new look similar to Xcode 5.
- Filter applications in the attach sheet to a reasonable set.
- The show/hide button in the outline use now a hover effect and is reachable by a shortcut.
- Added progress indicator to see progress of the refresh.
- Added buttons to hide the check pattern and to change the background color.
- Added option to save an image of the current selected component to disk.
Version 1.8 (Released on October 26, 2013) BETA!
- Added a complete new way to install the remote framework into running applications using Jonathan Rentzsch's mach_inject.
With this way can attach to your own applications even if you have a debugger attached. And it is faster too than
in the previous version. There are some problems with 32-bit applications.
- Some changes for Mavericks.
- New inspectors for CALayers with basic properties. More will come.
- Support flipped coordinate system in layers.
Version 1.7 (Released on October 19, 2013)
- Fixed memory leaks in the Inspector framework.
- Improved performance of the inspection.
- The necessary framework for inspected applications will now installed in /Library to reduce problems
with sandboxed applications.
- Added an "Always on top" button to the title bar of the Inspector.
- AutoLayout Constraints are now beautiful visualized in the inspected applications.
- Switch Client/Server roles of the Inspector to lower the barrier of inspected applications. The
inspected applications, which use the Sandbox, need only the flag "Outgoing Connections(Client)". And the
dialog "Do you want the application XXX to accept incoming network connections?" shouldn't occur for
unsigned applications anymore.
- Change internal organization of components to support reoccuring components like NSFormatters or [NSTabViewItem view].
Version 1.6 (Released on October 4, 2013)
- Added a "jump to instance" dialog to navigate fast and easily to specific instances.
- Reduced UI updates for a faster and responsive user interface.
- Fixed problem with the inspector of NSProgressIndicator.
- Backported the server frame to universal(32/64-bit) to be able to inspect also older applications.
- Fixed issues with the color popup button.
- New client/server architecture for a more stable connection.
Version 1.5 (Released on September 25, 2013)
- Fixed crash starting the application from the service menu.
- Added support for CR / ESC in most dialogs.
- Improved attach process to applications and error handling.
- Signed with the Developer ID.
- A lot of small improvements...
WARNING: This version can only be installed if you previously installed the version 1.4, otherwise you have to download the Interface Inspector again from the website.
Version 1.4 (Released on September 25, 2013)
- Hot fix for changing the code signature.
Version 1.3 (Released on September 13, 2013)
- Fixed crash because of objects used in the interface, which aren't serializable.
- Added filter options for common classes like NSCells or CALayers.
Version 1.2 (Released on September 12, 2013)
This is the first version for the Public Beta testing.
- Added hidden flag for the window in the outline.
- Show only snapshot of the single views instead of a snapshot of the backing store.
- Improved layout time of the inspector.
- Add option to hide remote connections.
Version 1.1 (Released on September 4, 2013)
This is the first version for the Beta testing.
- Fixed feedback/crash reporter.
Version 1.0 (Released on September 3, 2013)
This is the first version for the Beta testing. Following
points are know issues.
- Feedback dialog doesn't work because of the missing server script.
- Retina Support is not tested.
- Support for MaxOSX 10.9 is not tested.